[R] setting LANGUAGE of messages (no subject)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Nov 15 11:15:40 CET 2005

Haiyan Pan wrote:

> Hi,r-help£¬
>

>       when I install rw2011 version ,the language is Chinese, because the language of my OS is Chinese, how can I change R language?

Please read the posting guide ehich suggests to
1. use a sensible subject line (now done for you),
2. read the manuals (now done for you, see below)

The R Installation and Administration manual has a section on
localization od messages which suggests to use the environment variable
LANGUAGE in order to use another than the default language of your OS
for R messages.

Uwe Ligges