[R] no package 'Matrix' at the repositories

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Nov 11 15:13:12 CET 2005

If you are installing from Windows, the current version of Matrix apparently
doesn't build automatically on Windows.  See:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.3/check/Matrix-check.log

(That's for R-devel.  There're similar problems on R-2.2.0.)

I'm sure Doug is aware of this...

Andy

> From: Sean Davis
>
> On 11/11/05 8:38 AM, "Spencer Graves" <spencer.graves at pdf.com> wrote:
>
> >  Yesterday, I installed R2.2.0 for Windows [Version 2.2.0
> (2005-10-06
> > r35749)].  Unfortunately, 'install.packages("Matrix")' produced the
> > following message:
> >
> > Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available =
> > available,  :
> >         no package 'Matrix' at the repositories
> >
> >  I installed lme4, maps, mapproj, CircStats, scatterplot3d,
> gregmisc,
> > Hmisc without problems.  To confirm, 'library(lme4)' produced the
> > following error:
> >
> > Error: package 'Matrix' required by 'lme4' could not be found
> >
> >  What do you suggest?
> >  Spencer Graves
> > p.s.  I get the same result using several different (US) mirrors.
>
> I found it here:

http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/src/contrib/Matrix_0.99-1.tar.gz

and here:

http://cran.us.r-project.org/src/contrib/Matrix_0.99-1.tar.gz

at least.  These are the only two I checked.

Sean