[R] Error in rowSums : 'x' must be numeric IS SOLVED!

Illyes Eszter illyese at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 11 13:10:51 CET 2005

Dear All,

It's Eszter again. Thank you for all, who tried to help me.
In this mail I would like to inform you that I could solve my yesterday
problem

"Error in rowSums(x, prod(dn), p, na.rm) : 'x' must be numeric"

only with creating a new datafile. Most probably the problem was that I
opened my dataset before in MS Word for editing and MS Word created
some transformation with the data which caused R to look at the
numbers as strings. If I excluded MS Word from the process, everything
was fine.

All the best,

Eszter