[R] specifying a key for a trellis display

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Nov 10 19:17:56 CET 2005

Folks:

The "key" argument of trellis commands (e.g. xyplot()) allows one to place a
key at the top of a trellis display using

key=list(space='top',...)

I would like to increase the space between the bottom of the key and the
trellis plots beyond the default. Is there a simple way to do this? At
present, I add an empty row (e.g. text = '', point colored in background
color) to the bottom of each key column. This seems a bit of a kludge. Is
there a slicker way to do it, i.e. a parameter that I have missed?

Cheers,
Bert

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box