[R] Doubly Non-Central F-Distribution

Ken Kelley KKIII at Indiana.Edu
Tue Nov 1 19:57:17 CET 2005

Hi Wolfgang.

I would be surprised if a doubly noncentral F-distribution function is
available (and encourage you to check its accuracy if it is). Although R
allows pf() to have a noncentral value specified, the results are not
always accurate. I posted about this about a week ago (10/24/05) and
didn't hear anything back regarding the accuracy issue. The bug I
reported is here (# 8251):
<http://viggo.kubism.ku.dk/cgi-bin/R/Accuracy?id=8251;user=guest>

I am very interested in (singularly) noncentral F-distribution
functions, so I too would like to learn of a doubly noncentral
F-distribution function (since the singularly noncentral F is a special
case of the doubly noncentral F; or learn of an alternative or fix to
pf() as it now stands).

Have a good day,
Ken