[R] plane3d

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue May 31 17:49:26 CEST 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:40:09 -0400 Jim Milks wrote:

> I am attempting to fit a logistic regression plane to a 3-D
> scatterplot (which was generated using scatterplot3d).  I've noticed
> that the help pages of scatterplot3d include a function titled
> "plane3d."  However, when I attempt to use the function, I get the
> following message:
>
> Error: couldn't find function "plane3d"
>
> I've searched the archives and found no references to such a function.
>
> Is (or was) plane3d an actual function or is there just a typo in the
> scatterplot3d help page?  If it is a function, how would I tap into
> it?

Look harder at the man page ?scatterplot3d. plane3d is a function that
is part of the return value of scatterplot3d as it depends on the
particular scatter plot generated.

Look again at this part of the examples to see how it works:

library(scatterplot3d)
attach(trees)
my.lm <- lm(Volume ~ Girth + Height)
s3d <- scatterplot3d(trees, type = "h", highlight.3d = TRUE,
  angle = 55, scale.y = 0.7, pch = 16, main = "scatterplot3d - 5")
s3d$plane3d(my.lm, lty.box = "solid")