[R] R GUI for Linux?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon May 30 22:20:04 CEST 2005

Dear Charles,

. . .

> Rcmdr: There are all sorts of things in FC3 that seem to be
> tcl/tk related but Rcmdr doesn't seem to work with them.
> Since some are part of the base FC3 installation, I'm
> nervious about replacing them or installing competing
> software. Potentially conflicting software in FC3 are listed below:
>
> tcl.i386                                 8.4.7-2
>   installed
> tclx.i386                                8.3.5-4
>   installed
> db4-tcl.i386                             4.2.52-6               base
> postgresql-tcl.i386                      7.4.8-1.FC3.1
>   updates-released
> ruby-tcltk.i386                          1.8.2-1.FC3.1
>   updates-released
> tcl-devel.i386                           8.4.7-2                base
> tcl-html.i386                            8.4.7-2                base
> tclx-devel.i386                          8.3.5-4                base
> tclx-doc.i386                            8.3.5-4                base

. . .

I haven't tried the Rcmdr package with FC3, but I ran it under an older
version of Red Hat Linux some time ago, and the current version (Rcmdr
1.0-2) under Quantian.

Can you be more specific about the problems that you encountered? Are these
general to the tcltk package or specific to the Rcmdr?

I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems.

John