[R] installing spatstat in OSX

R JC rjc0408 at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 00:19:14 CEST 2005

Friends,

I am trying to install the current version of spatstat
on Mac OS 10.3.9, but the compilation fails with the
following messages at the end:

ld: warning -L: directory name
(/usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/3.4.2)
does not exist
ld: can't locate file for: -lg2c
make: *** [spatstat.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'spatstat'

The current version of sm (which spatstat needs) also
fails to compile when I try that separately, with the
same error message. I remember that binaries of these
packages were formerly available for OSX, but not
anymore.

I would appreciate your help with installing these.

Thanks,

-Robert