[R] Q: changing the class of an object

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu May 26 18:48:49 CEST 2005

Datadrames don't have "cells" -- class, type, etc. is determined on a column
by column basis (which is the same as a component by component basis, since
datframes are also lists) Please read "An Introduction to R" before
proceeding and posting so that you understand R's basic data structures and
conventions.

BTW -- what do you have against for loops? One should vectorize calculations
whenever possible,of course, but for loops are often useful and essentially
instantaneous.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box