[R] Placing A Legend in Titlle of a Plot

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Wed May 25 09:55:23 CEST 2005

Without a small example to see what you are doing it is hard to respond. There are plenty of examples in the help for legend showing placement all over the place. So I am guessing that this might help (The only thing added from the help was the par(xpd = TRUE)

     x <- 0:64/64
     y <- sin(3*pi*x)
     plot(x, y, type="l", col="blue", main = "")
     points(x, y, pch=21, bg="white")
     par(xpd = TRUE)
     legend(.4,1.25, "sin(c x)", pch=21, pt.bg="white", lty=1, col = "blue")
     par(xpd = FALSE)

Tom