R.batch (Was: Re: [R] Calling R from R and specifying "wait until script is finished")

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Sun May 22 15:59:45 CEST 2005

On 5/22/05, Henrik Bengtsson <hb at maths.lth.se> wrote:

  <-- very interesting package description deleted -->

> Future: Recently, I have been working on adding dependency control
> between jobs so certain jobs are processed before others. This is not
> included in the current version. Some kind of mechanism to restarting
> interrupted jobs where they where interrupted would also be very nice,
> but this is very tricky and will propably require modification of the R
> engine, which is beyond my skills.

For the latter, probably the best approach would be to employ a
job/grid/queueing engine which does this (i.e. "grid"-enabling R with
a grid approach which has checkpointing).   I've been looking at this
at work in a different context.

best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
blindglobe at gmail.com