[R] Lattice: how to get default ylim?

David James dj at research.bell-labs.com
Thu May 19 15:00:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

Within your panel function you can use current.viewport() to recover
the active grid viewport and get xlim/ylim (in addition to other very
useful information).  Then you can use grid.text (plus any other
grid.* function), e.g.,

  require(grid)

  my.panel <-
  function(...)
  {
     panel.xyplot(...)

     ## add "Hello World on the top-left of each panel

     v <- current.viewport()        ## requires R 2.1.0 (I believe)
     xlim <- v$xscale
     ylim <- v$yscale
     grid.text(x = xlim[1], y = ylim[2], default.units="native",
        label = "Hello World", just= c("left", "top"))
  }

Hope this helps.

--
David