[R] covariance analysis by using R

=?gb2312?B?w8/QwA==?= xmeng at capitalbio.com
Wed May 18 17:43:59 CEST 2005

Hello sir:
Here's a question on covariance analysis which needs your help.
There're 3 experiments,and x refers to control while y refers to experimental result.
The purpose is to compare the "y" values across the 3 experiments.

experiment_1:
x:0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5
y:0.5 0.6 0.6 0.7 0.9

experiment_2:
x:1 2 3   4   5
y:3 4 6.5 7.5 11

experiment_3:
x:10 20 30 40 50
y:18 35 75 90 98

Apparently,the control("x") isn't at the similar level so that we can't compare the "y" directly through ANOVA.
We must normalize "y" via "x" in order to eliminate the influence of  different level of "x".
The method of normalize I can get is "covariance analysis",since "x" is the covariant of y.

My question is:
How to perform "covariance analysis" by using R?
After this normalization,we can get the according "normalized y" of every "original y".

All in all,the "normalized y" of every "original y" is what I want indeed.

Thanks a lot!

My best regards!

------------------------------
Xin Meng
Capitalbio Corporation
National Engineering Research Center
for Beijing Biochip Technology
Microarray and Bioinformatics Dept.
Research Engineer
Tel: +86-10-80715888/80726868-6364/6333
Fax: +86-10-80726790
Email£ºxmeng at capitalbio.com
Address:18 Life Science Parkway,
Changping District, Beijing 102206, China