[R] CircStats and Anova

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun May 15 21:09:13 CEST 2005

	  It's not clear to me what you are asking.  Have you considered
"aov.circular" in package "circular"?  The following example comes from
the help page for that function:

 >      x <- c(rvonmises(50, 0, 1), rvonmises(100, pi/3, 10))
 >      group <- c(rep(0, 50), rep(1, 100))
 >
 >      aov.circular(x, group)

Call:
aov.circular(x = x, group = group)

  Circular Analysis of Variance: High Concentration F-Test

          df     SS     MS     F         p
Between   1  5.901 5.9009 34.15 3.135e-08
Within  148 29.431 0.1989    NA        NA
Total   149 35.332 0.2371    NA        NA

 >      aov.circular(x, group, method="LRT")

Call:
aov.circular(x = x, group = group, method = "LRT")

  Circular Analysis of Variance: Likelihood Ratio Test

  df:      1
  ChiSq:   29.31
  p.value: 6.163e-08

	  Does this provide what you want?  If no, I suggest you follow the
procedure in the posting guide,
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".  Some people answer their
own questions following that process.  If they still have questions,
they increase their chances of getting useful replies in part because
their subsequent posts provides more of the information someone else
needs to understand your concern and reply in a way that you will
understand.  For me, one of the most useful things is a simple example
that someone else can easily copy from an email and test in R, craft a
reply and send it in a few seconds.

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves