[R] Job Opportunity: Statistical Guru CC 083

Don Alexander dalexander at ccesearch.com
Sat May 14 20:41:27 CEST 2005

Do you consider yourself a cutting edge statistical expert with a penchant
for applying your broad theoretical background to solving some of the most
complex statistical challenges facing human health today? Does the idea of
working for an emerging company who has a strong management team,
financial backing and world class scientific advisors appeal to you? If
so, read on...

Our client is a drug development platform technology company whose patent
pending intellectual property is poised to dramatically impact both drug
discovery and development processes. The ultimate benefit to the drug
development process will be to identify safer compounds for development,
shorten the time for drugs to get to market and identify diagnostic
markers for earlier disease detection. This technology will increase the
success rate, decrease the time to market and stopdevelopment of products
before critical investments are lost.

Responsibilities:
Independently develop novel statistical approaches to a variety of data
types.
Provide statistical support for all data-mining efforts, platform Quality
Control, and data monitoring.
Produce statistical programs as needed.

Qualifications:
Ph.D. or Master’s in Statistics
At least 8 years of experience
Prior experience in R, S, SAS and/or S-plus and Design of Experiments (DOE)
Prior Data Mining knowledge (PLS, neural networks, OLAP, etc.)
Breadth of statistical approaches (Q Value/false discovery rate, P Value,
Bayesian, Frequentist, Monte Carlo Methods, multivariate data analysis,
logistic regression, chi-squared, Random Forest (RF) predictors)
Prior experience in a Life Sciences research and development environment
Bioinformatics knowledge preferable
Ability to lead or direct the work of others

Characteristics:
Naturally creative, with a broad background
Self starter
Assertive with a positive outlook and performance oriented attitude
Passion, energy, personal drive and motivation
Outstanding communication skills, a strategic mindset, an ability to
interface at an executive level and a polished presence are required

As a professional search firm, we will only be responding to those
inquiries that most closely align with the stated requirements. Moreover,
our client employer can only review candidates with valid US work
authorization at this time. Please include the position ID (CC 083) in the
subject line of your correspondence to ensure review and forward your
credentials (* Word/PDF/HTML or Text format please), in confidence,
to:

recruiter3 at ccesearch.com.

General CV/resume submissions for inclusion in our knowledgebase of future
opportunities can be made to: resume at ccesearch.com

For our most recent searches, please review our web site at:
www.ccesearch.com.

Kind regards,

Don Alexander
Director of Biz Dev Life Sciences