[R] working with CGIwithR [2 answers]

Chris Evans chris at psyctc.org
Tue May 10 21:26:30 CEST 2005

On 8 May 2005 at 19:45, Chris Evans wrote:

> Do people have advice on debugging R programs running after CGIwithR
> inputting of data from forms?
... rest of my original post snipped, I'm replying to my own post for
the archives! ...

I had two kind responses, one shrewd one from Tom Short noting that
you can have problems with error messages in angle brackets if you're
looking at HTML sink output.  Noted but that wasn't the problem.  He
and David Firth, who tells me there's a new version, 0.70, of
CGIwithR uploaded to CRAN which helps 2.1.0 compatibility, both tell
me I'll have to use ssh and hack things on the server from there.
True indeed and I think one message is that you have to be prepared
to work out how to get your data into the program directly if
bypassing form input.  I've debugged things now and the program runs.

Now some more questions separately for healthy archiving!

Thanks all,

Chris
--
Chris Evans <chris at psyctc.org>
Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy, Rampton Hospital;