[R] Re: Welcome to the "R-help" mailing list

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue May 10 09:18:13 CEST 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Li, Xiaolei wrote:

Yes, welcome, and please note the clear instructions for users in the
posting guide, to wit:  give an informative subject, and read the
necessary documentation first.

In your case, just accessing the "Packages" link in the navigation bar of
the CRAN website would take you straight to the source package you are
interested in. As the name suggests, source packages contain the source
code for a package. The posting guide also suggests (firmly) that
questions about packages should be addressed to their maintainers.

As the maintainer of spdep, I may be able to respond to motivated
questions off-list, but I doubt that your approach is going to be
fruitful; there are usually better ways of doing things than writing C++,
in fact writing R can be just as productive, and is much easier to debug.