[R] Numerical Derivative / Numerical Differentiation of unkno wn funct ion

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri May 6 11:24:59 CEST 2005

Uzuner, Tolga wrote:
> Ah... I searched for half an hour for this function... you know, the help function in R could really be a lot better...

help() assumes you know the name of the thing you're looking for.  You
should be using help.search('derivative'), which for me gave

width.SJ(MASS)          Bandwidth Selection by Pilot Estimation of
                         Derivatives
D(stats)                Symbolic and Algorithmic Derivatives of Simple
                         Expressions
numericDeriv(stats)     Evaluate derivatives numerically

How could that be better?

Duncan Murdoch