[R] Variance Homogenity

Jose Herrera Bazán jose_fcunam at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 17:06:08 CEST 2005

Working with living models sometimes the response is reflected in the
variability more than the middle parameters, i.e., the variability can
reflected the system response, p.ej., in toxicology models the variability
in the response means something about the selective pressure, buy how to
evaluated this variability?. The ANOVA Test evaluated difference between the
medians using the variance between groups and behind groups, but i can´t use
ANOVA if the two suposes don´t exists, normalitiy and variance homogeniety,
then how to evaluated the differences in variance?, Barttlet Test evaluated
the homoscedascity using the square sum and not the variance as a response
variable. How could I evaluated the difference in groups with differents
variances?. I don´t want use Kruskall-Wallis Test because my variable is
continue and numerical. Do someone know what do must do it?

José Herrera Bazán
Science Faculty
UNAM

http://search.t1msn.com.mx/