[R] Problems using html and dvips of Hmisc

Marco Chiarandini machud at intellektik.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 1 12:54:44 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I am experiencing the two following problems trying to produce a
comfortable output using the package Hmisc.

If I use:

html(latex(D,file="here.tex"),file="here.html")

where D is a data.frame the function html does not write in "here.html" but
only in a temporary file somewhere else in my PC (latex instead
writes correctly in the file "here.tex".

If I use

dvips(latex(D),file="here.ps")

everything runs smooth but if the
data frame is quite large I am not able to center it properly in
the output file .ps. The table always stays high on the page
going out from the upper side of the paper.

I tested this two unwanted behaviours both under linux and under MacOsx
and the packages are all up-to-date.

Thank you for the consideration.

Regards,

Marco