[R] Unable to start R due to error with tempdir()

Chris Ward chris.ward at db.com
Thu Mar 31 20:14:20 CEST 2005

Fatal error: cannot find unused tempdir names

I am having the same problem as Michael Epstein (100% of the time)  even after clearing out all the Rtmp* files from the temporary directory. I have tried reinstalling R, to no avail. Is there some profile setting that is trying to create temp directories in an inaccessible place? I had to guess where the tempdir was using a colleague's machine. In his case it seems to be in /documents and settings/userid/local/temp and I cleared out the corresponding directory on my machine.

Christopher B. Ward

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged infor...{{dropped}}