[R] Stratified Bootstrap question

Qian An qiana at biostat.umn.edu
Wed Mar 30 22:08:17 CEST 2005

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your help. My random mixed model is as follows:

b.lme <- lme(sbp ~ age + gender, data=bdat, random=~1/clinic/id,
             na.action=na.omit)

When doing bootstrap with stratum clinic, a patient's data may appear
multiple times in the boostrap dataset and all of them share the same id.
I am wondering if the data from the same patient will cause problems in
lme fitting or not. Do you happen to know this or not?

I am really sorry for coming up more questions. Thank you so much for your
help.

Sincerely yours,
Qian

Qian An