[R] Tool for update

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Tue Mar 29 19:43:36 CEST 2005

Le 25 Mars 2005 16:12, abunn a écrit :
> > For what I understand you run this every time you use R on a Tuesday,
> > which is not what I would want.
>
> What's wrong with Tuesday? Indeed, it's not the ideal solution but has kept
> me up-to-date. What has amazed me is that I think I've used R every Tuesday
> (and other workdays) since I did that. So, it ends up working pretty well.
> I will look forward to a cleaner implementation with 2.1

I think what Prof. Ripley meant is: you have to run R on a Tuesday in order to
update your packages. You could lift this requirement --- and still update on
Tuesdays --- by using a cron job instead. (That's assuming you're using a
Unix variant, I suppose there is some equivalent way to achieve the same
thing on Windows.)

Regards,

--
  Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor