[R] Solved: lattice xyplot() postscript (?) problem in R 2.0.0

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 22 15:06:36 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 03:06, Gerrit Eichner wrote:
> Thanks to Uwe Ligges! The problem seems to have been my fault. Using
> his advice b) was the solution for me (under R-2.0.0). (My use of
> postscript() must have been a relict from my migration from S-PLUS to
> R.)

Actually, that advice is more pertinent to S-PLUS than R, and doesn't
really make any difference in lattice (except for certain situations
where one wants to use non-default settings).

What you saw was a bug in the version of lattice that was shipped with R
2.0.0. It has been long since fixed, and if you don't want to upgrade
R, just running update.packages() should get you a correct version.