[R] Basic questions about RMySQL

bogdan romocea br44114 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 20:10:37 CET 2005

I certainly can't; I initially misunderstood the question.

If connecting to MySQL is the problem, then you need to know the user
ID, the domain and the password. Ask your DB administrator for help.

Here's an example that works for me (local MySQL installation):
require(DBI)
require(RMySQL)
MySQL(max.con = 16, fetch.default.rec = 5000, force.reload = F)
drv <- dbDriver("MySQL")
con <- dbConnect(drv,username="userid",password="pswd",dbname="db")
dbListTables(con)