[R] (no subject)

Simon Blomberg Simon.Blomberg at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 17 04:43:34 CET 2005

I assume "opened a data set" means that you have attached a data
frame. If you add new variables to the data frame (e.g. by
transforming a variable in that data.frame), you will have to
detach() and re- attach() it in order to get access to the variables
without using the $ operator. I think this is in the manual somewhere.

Cheers,

Simon.

>Dear R
>I recently created some variables in R as in I opened a data set and then
>produced log base 10 transformations on some of the variables. When I ask R
>to do a simple x, y plot it recognises the raw data but does not recognise
>the log transformed variables. It says
>
>>  plot(logbrw, ParaSleep, type="n")
>Error in plot(logbrw, ParaSleep, type = "n") :
>         Object "logbrw" not found
>>  text(logbrw, ParaSleep, labels=row.names(sleep), cex=0.8, col="blue")
>Error in text(logbrw, ParaSleep, labels = row.names(sleep), cex = 0.8,  :
>         Object "logbrw" not found
>

>So do I have to somehow change the data for R to recognise the newly created
>variables?
>
>What should I do?
>
>brett

Simon Blomberg, B.Sc.(Hons.), Ph.D, M.App.Stat.
Visiting Fellow
School of Botany & Zoology
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200