[R] Mandrake 10.1

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Tue Mar 15 16:41:39 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't think it is necessary. Mandrake 10.1 is fine for running R.[1] I
have Mandrake 10.1 (Community) at home running on my notebook and I was
able to compile R without any problems - just using the software that
was shipped with this distribution.
Maybe you follow the advice of Martin Maechler and try to compile it
yourself? This is (usually) less complicated than it might sound
initially. R was the first thing I compiled myself when I started using
GNU/Linux - and I was surprised how easy it was.

Best,
Roland

[1] I don't want to start a flamewar claiming which distro is better
than the other.

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}