[R] RODBC, IODBC and Mac OS X

Depiereux Constant constant.depiereux at aqte.be
Sat Mar 12 23:21:32 CET 2005

Dear All,

As some of you in the archive, i am experiencing problems in using
RODBC with IODBC on Mac OS X Panther.

I am currrently facing two problems.

The first one is apparently linked with IODBC (according to returned R
error message) although testing the database access from IODBC manager
seems to work fine.

The second is by far more radical, R purely and simply reports an error
, blocks and I finally got a Mac OS X message.

I browsed the archive without really finding a solution. Before
spending lengthy hours on an operating system that I am currently
discovering, I have therefore a simple question :

DOES ANY BODY HAVE A COOKBOOK EXPLAINING HOW TO ACCESS - THRU ODBC - A
POSTGRESQL DATABASE USING R ON MAC OS X PANTHER ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Constant Depièreux
Managing Director
Applied Quality Technologies Europe sprl
Rue des Déportés 123, B4800   Verviers
Tel : + 32 87 29 21 75
Fax : +32 87 29 21 71
Mobile : +32 475 555 818