[R] XML to data frame or list

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Fri Mar 11 15:43:53 CET 2005

bogdan romocea <br44114 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

:
: Dear useRs,
:
: I have a simple/RTFM question about XML parsing. Given an XML file,
: such as (fragment)
: <A>100</A>
: <B>23</B>
: <C>true</C>
: how do I import it in a data frame or list, so that the values (100,
: 23, true) can be accessed through the names A, B and C?
:
: I installed the XML package and looked over the documentation...
: however after 20 minutes and a couple of tests I still don't know what
: I should start with.
:
: Can someone provide an example or point me to the appropriate
: function(s)?
:

You could check out the ctv package that was recently announced.
It uses XML so its source would provide an example.

If its a one-time operation, Excel reads XML and you could then
use one of the many Excel to R possibilities.