[R] Question regarding mosaicplot

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Mar 10 22:16:38 CET 2005

Jean:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:32:05 Jean Vidal wrote:

> I tried this :
> > mosaicplot(stoc ~ q9r + segca,data=tmp2,color=T) : works fine.
>
> And now, this :
> > mosaicplot(stoc ~ q9r + segca, data=tmp2, color=T, main="Big title")
> Error in model.frame(formula, rownames, variables, varnames, extras,
> extranames,  :
>         invalid variable type
>
> I'm probably stupid and missed something simple in the manual (and
> wouldn't like to be flamed if insinuating that, may be... a bug ? Oh
> no !).

OK, so you're getting flamed for something else:

  1. Your example is not reproducible because you didn't provide
     the data (or use artificial data or ...)!
     If I use
       tmp2 <- data.frame(stoc = gl(2, 1, 8), q9r = gl(2, 2, 8),
                          segca = gl(2, 4, 8))
     the above works correct. But then again...
  2. ...your R version is ancient, please upgrade before posting
     such requests!
  3. Please read the posting guide.

Best,