[R] Dropping coloumns while redaing dtaa from text file.

Upasna Sharma upasna at iitb.ac.in
Wed Mar 9 22:02:08 CET 2005

Hi

I have a huge text file and .dat file from which I want to read data. I do
not need all the columns in the files. I want to extract only some columns
from the .txt file or the .dat file, because reading the entire file is
becoming very difficult due to memory issues. Is it possible to extract a
few columns from .txt or .dat file while reading the data in R?

Thanks
Upasna

--
"The past is a history, the future is a mystery, and this moment is a
gift. That is why this moment is called 'the present'." Anonymous