[R] function in order to plot the same graph to postscript and pdf

Ronny Klein ronny.klein at wiwi.uni-halle.de
Wed Mar 9 18:21:41 CET 2005

> > The myplot is something like this:
> >
> > plot(x)
> > text(foo)
>
> Aha, I was surprised that this worked for one of the two plots.
> You could pass myplot as an expression, e.g. myplot =
> expression(plot(x)), and then eval() that in the body of plot.both().

I've followed your advice and changed my function to something like this:

plot.both <- function{myplot, filename}{
     MYPLOT <- expression(myplot)
     pdf(file=paste(filename, ".pdf", sep=""))
     eval(myplot)
     dev.off()
     postscript(file=paste(filename, ".eps", sep=""))
     eval(myplot)
    dev.off()
 }

However the result is the same: the first one is actually printed but the
second plot is empty.

Ronny