[R] Two problems building a package

Wollenberg, Kurt R KWollenberg at tufts-nemc.org
Tue Mar 1 17:08:28 CET 2005

Hello all:

I have written a few R scripts and am trying to turn them into a package for
submission to CRAN. All of these scripts are R code only, no C or C++ or
anything else. I'm working with R 2.0.1 running on a Windows XP machine. So
far running ">rcmd install --build --docs=normal mypkge" seems to work
(i.e., the library "mypkge" is installed in R\rw2001\library and the library
loads and the scripts do what I have written them to do).

While this is all well and good I have two (hopefully small) problems.
First, running ">rcmd check mypkge" on R\rw2001\bin\mypkg (not
R\rw2001\library\mtpkge) returns the error "\bin\mypkge is not a source
package." Have I got something very wrong or am I misunderstanding which
directory contains the "source" package? Second, I've included some
equations in the Details section of one of my .Rd files and would like to
check that I've coded them correctly in the documentation before submission.
So far, my html and latex docs don't contain a details section, even though
they contain all other recent changes. My detail section looks like this:

\details{blah blah blah
    \deqn{blah = Blah}{%
      blah = Blah}
where 	\eqn{blah}{%blah} = frequency of \emph{b} in Blah.

  Blah blah blah.
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kurt Wollenberg, PhD
Tufts Center for Vision Research
New England Medical Center
750 Washington St, Box 450
Boston, MA, USA
kwollenberg at tufts-nemc.org
617-636-8945 (Fax)
617-636-9028 (Lab)

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but  "That's funny ..."
--Isaac Asimov