[R] Sweave and \input or \include LaTeX commands

Gregor GORJANC gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Tue Mar 1 07:53:47 CET 2005

Hi!

What is wrong if there would be the same command? Recall my example from
one inputs file a1.Rnw. My idea was that Sweave would check \input{a1} or
\include{a1} statements. If file a1 would have extension .Rnw it would
parse it otherwise (i.e. having .tex) it would skip it. Sweave would just
parse .Rnw files, while latex would put all of them in one file during
typesetting.

Example:
- we have files
   a.Rnw, which has \input{a1} or \include{a1}
   a1.Rnw
- run Sweave(a.Rnw) and you get
   a.tex
   a1.tex
- run LaTeX (i.e. texi2dvi --pdf a.tex) and you get
   a.pdf

Having new command i.e. \SweaveInput{} would also do the job perfectly,
however I don't se any new benefits of it. One should write more or less
the same R code as for \input or \include.

[...]

   > Gabor
   > Since this might not be desirable in all instances,
   > if Sweave were to have an include facility then it should
   > not be implemented in such a way that the latex include facility
   > can no longer be used.  The point was just that it should be possible
   > to do the include at the Sweave or at the latex level.

Friedrich
I agree that it should not be the same command. I have put an
\SweaveInput{} on my 2do list, should be doable for R 2.1.0.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
     Gregor GORJANC

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty        URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department     mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                   tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale             fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia, Europe

: Imagine this situation:
:
: % --- a.Rnw start ---