[R] Trouble with Excel table connection

Steve Sherman ssherman at cemml.colostate.edu
Thu Jun 30 20:46:12 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've been using odbcConnectExcel to connect to a spreadsheet database
containing a single worksheet. Unfortunately when I try to access the
data R cannot see the table. When I run sqlTables it shows the worksheet
as a SYSTEM TABLE instead of as a TABLE that I can access. I am fairly
certain that I am do all of the same things I've done in the past when
it worked just fine. What might I be doing wrong?

btw: it works just fine with MS Access, but I'd prefer to work directly
from my Excel spreadsheets.

Thanks in advance
Steve