[R] R-Aqua can't open history file

McGee, Monnie mmcgee at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jun 30 17:25:07 CEST 2005

Dear List,

I am running R-Aqua 2.1.0 on a powerbook with Mac OS/X 10.3.9.  Here is what I get when I type  "version" at the R-prompt.

platform powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
arch     powerpc
os       darwin7.9.0
system   powerpc, darwin7.9.0
status   Patched
major    2
minor    1.0
year     2005
month    05
day      12
language R

My problem is that Aqua cannot access any history files.  Therefore, anything I do in R is lost when I close an R session.   It has been doing this since I installed it a month ago.  Here is the message I receive when I double-click on the R-aqua icon on the dock:

2005-06-30 09:49:50.075 R[376] Can't open history file 2

R : Copyright 2005, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.1.0 Patched (2005-05-12), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

Thanks for your help.

Monnie