[R] function for "two-part" or "two-condition" models

Remington, Richard rnews at kernstat.com
Tue Jun 28 19:15:11 CEST 2005

Two alternatives to the zero inflated Poisson (ZIP) model are mentioned
in Jung, Jhun, and Lee (Biometrics, vol 61, no 2, June 2005, p626):

"Although the ZIP model is more general than the standard Poisson, count
data with many zeros are often more dispersed than the ZIP model.  In
this case, the use of a zero-inflated negative binomial (ZINB)
distribution or a zero-inflated generalized Poisson distribution is a
good alternative."

best,
Richard

--