[R] text file output

Steve Sherman ssherman at cemml.colostate.edu
Fri Jun 24 20:10:17 CEST 2005

Hello,

I would like to create an ascii text file that looks exactly like the
Console output of a split() action. I have tried save, dput, dump,
write.foreign and write to no avail. The resulting text files are a
jumble of data that I would have to edit heavily in order to use it for
my proposed purpose. How can I, short of copying and pasting the
contents of the console (which will not work since the file is very
large), output the information to a text file in a format like that on
my screen?

I am very new to R so please be kind.

Thank you
Steve