[R] error loading Matrix in Mac OSX 10.4

Constantinos Antoniou antoniou at central.ntua.gr
Sun Jun 19 15:04:30 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am having trouble loading Matrix (0.96-3) in self-compiled R-2.1.1-
beta, and self compiled R.app (got it a couple of days ago via:

svn co https://svn.r-project.org/R-packages/trunk/Mac-GUI Mac-GUI )

on Mac OS 10.4.1.

The problem I get when I try to load Matrix is the following: (I know
I do not need to worry about the warnings, even though it might be
nice to know why they occur, if there is something simple):

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
     unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/Matrix/libs/Matrix.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Matrix/
libs/Matrix.so, 6): Symbol not found: _libintl_dgettext
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/
Matrix/libs/Matrix.so
   Expected in: flat namespace
In addition: Warning messages:
1: cannot create HTML package index in: make.packages.html()
2: cannot create HTML package index in: make.packages.html()
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Matrix'

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Constantinos Antoniou

PS.

 > str(.Platform)
List of 6
$ OS.type   : chr "unix"
$ file.sep  : chr "/"
$ dynlib.ext: chr ".so"
$ GUI       : chr "X11"
$ endian    : chr "big"
$ pkgType   : chr "mac.binary"
 > R.version.string
[1] "R version 2.1.1, 2005-06-14"

--
Constantinos Antoniou, Ph.D.
Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering