[R] Analysing ordinal/nominal data

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Fri Jun 17 17:28:55 CEST 2005

Hi Brian (and the list of course!),

I still have problems analysing data in R, because I don't know how to
tell glm() "use row-effect model, please". The models are well defined
by Agresti, but can't get the link from the theory to the
implementations in R. Different names, definitions and no explanation of
results in the documentation of glm() or summary() make it hard to get in...

But I found another solution for my data: I just use the saturated
log-linear model for categorial data and refer to the estimated
parameter of the three-way-interaction only. That's enough statistics
for my paper ;-).

Thanks for your help,

Piotr Majdak

--