[R] mlbench xor

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 17 14:12:59 CEST 2005

  > HI!
  > I have 2D feature vectors and 2 classes. I want to solve this
  > classification problem with SVM. I create an object XOR of the mlbench
  > library.
  > Then I replace the values of the XOR object with my values. Then I do a
  > plot and I have my data plotted and coloured with the labels from the
  > XOR object. So I replace the class labels
  > in the xor object with my class labels. But when I do a plot with the
  > new class labels every object is coloured in one colour. But half of the
  > points should be in different colour(because different class label). As
  > well when I apply svm on the xor object with th replaced data it finds
  > just one class.

It is not the purpose of the r-help mailing list that undergraduate
students ask questions about their classwork. We have a lab session
scheduled for next Wednesday where you can ask questions like this in
person.

My apologies to the list for the noise that has been generated.

Best,
Fritz Leisch

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch