[R] Excel files first row not being read

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:01:18 CEST 2005

Antoher non-OBDC solution is to get the information from Excel
using Microsoft COM objects.  Look into

1. the RDCOM package on CRAN, or

2. the rcom package, rcom_1.0-1.zip, at:
      http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/rcom/download/
   The rcom package has a mailing list at:
      http://mailman.csd.univie.ac.at/pipermail/rcom-l/