[R] Drawing information-rich, Tufte style scatterplots and axes

Steven J. Murdoch Steven.Murdoch at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 16:26:56 CEST 2005

I have been working on using R to draw information-rich graphs based
on suggestions from "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information"
by Edward Tufte.  Thanks to the members of the list who have helped me
with this.

I have now produced the first version of this code, which I used to
generate graphs for a paper I recently co-authored. There are
descriptions of the new functions, examples of their use and links for
downloading the source here:

 http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/projects/graphics/fancyaxis.html

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I would be very interested.

Thank you,
Steven Murdoch.

--
w: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/