[R] heatmap aspect ratio

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 15:47:29 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a fairly easy way to "stretch" a heatmap
vertically?  I've got 42 arrays and would like to be able to see as
many significant genes as possible (right now I can only get 50 genes
with it still being readable).  In some comparisons there are several
hundred significant genes.

I've fiddled with the "asp" argument, but that doesn't give the
results I'm looking for -- only scales the images, not the dendrograms.

Is there any way to make the heatmap rectangular rather than square
without hacking the heatmap function itself (which is where I'm
headed next)?

Thanks in advance,

Jake