[R] Excel files first row not being read

Vivek Subramanian subramanian.vivek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:00:45 CEST 2005

hi,

the specifications for my application call that the input file be in
excel only in the format i previously mentioned.
now if the approach you mention has to be used then the part of
converting has to be done automatically. this i found to be too
complex.

an alternative to that was to use MS access databases. but again it is
the problem of automating the conversion that is proving difficult

regards and best
vivek