[R] Possible bug in file.choose() - how to tell?

Hans-Peter gchappi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:35:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

I run a script file by dropping it on a windows batch file that runs R
in --slave modus. In a subfunction there is the call to file.choose().
The problem is, that the dialog does show only folders but no files at
all. It's quite strange: a) without --slave modus the files are shown,
b) when I copy the whole script file in a different file it was also
ok, but when I renamed the script, the dialog again only showed folder
names.

Questions:
- Is it appreciated if I submit a bug report on this issue? How would
I do it and to whom?
- I would like to have a look at the source code. As the prompt gives me:
      > file.choose
      function (new = FALSE)
      .Internal(file.choose(new))
      <environment: namespace:base>
  I suppose I had to download the source code of the base package and it would
  be C code. Is this right?

--
Best regards,
Hans-Peter