[R] us zipcode data map

Mike R mike.rstat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:18:26 CEST 2005

i've search the email archives, searched the documention
of various map packages and done an R-site search, but
have been unable to find direct resources for creating maps
of the US that are colored or annotated or ... by zipcode
data.

For example, create a map of the US and color each zipcode
region by its population using two vectors z,p containing the
zipcode and population, respectively.  I'm not looking for data
to fill z, and p.  I'm looking for some highend functions to
display on a map the data that I already have.

Cheers,
Mike