[R] question on boot

Lisa Wang lisawang at uhnres.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 9 16:10:02 CEST 2005

Hello there:

Dear Dr. Murdoch,

I'm a statistician at Princess Margaret Hospital. Could you please help
me with the bootstrapping?

Can boot function (along with boot.ci) handle multivariate statistics?
My intention is that I want to group the outcome data and evaluate the
proportion of patients who are positive for a marker within each group.
(i.e. I have two variables, a predictor and an outcome.  The predictor
is continuous and the outcome is binary.  I want a statistic which
groups patients based on the predictor variable (0-10, 10-20, 20-30,
etc;) and check the proportion of patients who are positive for the
outcome variable within each group).

Regards

Lisa Wang Msc.
Princess Margaret Hospital