AW: [R] Reading huge chunks of data from MySQL into Windows R

Dubravko Dolic Dubravko.Dolic at komdat.com
Mon Jun 6 16:43:26 CEST 2005

In my (limited) experience R is more powerful concerning data manipulation. An example: I have a vector holding a user id. Some user ids can appear more than once. Doing SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT userid) on MySQL will take approx. 15 min. Doing length(unique(userid)) will take (almost) no time...

So I think the other way round will serve best: Do everything in R and avoid using SQL on the database...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----