[R] xyplot auto.key issue

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at Dal.Ca
Sat Jul 30 21:17:29 CEST 2005

Quick correction:

The lines "lines = T," & "type = "b"" in the "par.settings" section should not
be there. They are remnants of my previous (failed) attempts at solving the
problem. Below is the correct code:

xyplot(
	#basic settings
	bias ~ sample_size | measure,
	data = bias,
	groups = exp_tau,
	type = "b",
	pch = c(1,2,3,4,5),
	#make strips transparent
	strip = function(bg, ...) strip.default(bg = 'transparent', ...),
	# tweak scales
	scales=list(
		x=list(
			at = c(20, 40, 60),
			tck = c(1,0),
			alternating = F
		),
		y=list(
			at = c(-50, -25, 0, 25, 50),
			tck = c(1,0),
			alternating = F
		)
	),
	# tell key to match symbols to those used in the plot
	par.settings = list(
		superpose.symbol = list(
			cex = .8,
			pch = c(1,2,3,4,5)
		)
	),
	# key settings
	auto.key = list (
		lines = T,
		size = 7,
		border = T,
		cex.title = 1.2,
		title = "Expected Tau",
		text = c("30 ms", "80 ms", "130 ms", "180 ms", "230 ms"),
		space = "right",
	)
)